Monday, April 16, 2012

One List for One Apartment

So there's two ways to start a blog... you can slowly let the audience in and write a welcome post letting them know your intentions of the blog, where you'd like it to go, what the point is, yadda yadda... or you can dive right in.

When you move into a new apartment there's tons of things that need to get done. This is that list. That on going list. I've decided that I'm going to share this list with you. You know, for fun.
  • Clean the apartment upside down; I've already started this, and I only added it so it'll seem like I'm doing more then I've done. Haha
  • Unpack and put things away  This is semi-done, I need to buy a few more things in order to put EVERYTHING away (tv stand & a new dresser)
  • Purchase a kitchen table
  • Purchase a couch
  • Purchase/or construct a media cabinet/table. I'm thinking of finding a dresser or something off of Kijiji The buy a dresser or something off of Kijiji didn't happen ... but I may still keep my eye out for one for the future -- still looking for a dresser, for well, you know, to use as a dresser.
  • Find/purchase bed end tables
  • Find a circular wooden coffee table 
  • Purchase a new tall (chest) dresser
  • Take out all nails, screws and anchors in walls (you wouldn't believe just how many holes are in these walls!) and plaster over them
  • Paint the living room; I'm thinking gray right now; just don't know the shade
  • Paint the bedroom; pink. Light pretty pink.  Diane by Olympic to be exact
  • Paint the bathroom? I'm not 100% sure I want to bother painting the bathroom (and having to remove the toilet to paint behind it scares me!), or if I should just leave it white and add contrast and colour through accents 
  • Hang curtains in the bedroom/purchase curtains for the living room
  • Upholster a headboard
  • Paint the entrance table yellow. BRIGHT YELLOW.
  • Purchase a new duvet; not sure what I want it to look like yet, we'll see
  • Power wash the balcony
  • Hang picture frames and mirror in the entrance way (spray paint mirror; white?)
  • Paint the chalkboard frame white

1 comment:

  1. hi! i was just reading back a post i wrote re apartment hunting and came across a comment you left (i'm late--sorry!) but i agree with everything you said - very excited to move into my "grown up" space :) when you left the comment i think you were apartment hunting too but it looks like you've found a home? that's awesome! look forward to reading more about it :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! All opinions, comments, questions and queries are welcome of course, just not snarky ones you wouldn't want your grandmother to read. Please be patient with me, your comment will be approved shortly!